Monday, June 6, 2011

Made a Blog

Why the hell did I do that? Good question. Perhaps I just want another outlet for my ramblings that no one reads (much like Facebook and Twitter).  Maybe I think one day I'll be famous and I'll have embarrassing trivia here that my most dedicated fans will be able to spout to prove their fanboyism. Perhaps I want to keep a log of the things going on in my life so that when I'm 20 years older than I am now, I can look back and long for the good old days (while I sat here typing about the gooder older days). Most likely, though, I just have too much free time and need an excuse to pound on the keyboard some more while not doing anything productive.

So here I am.

Here's some things I've been up to that my future self may or may not find interesting, starting with my recently-played video games.

I've been playing Pokémon Silver lately, working on my Pokédex. I've already completed the Generation I Pokédex (in Pokémon Red) and the Generation IV Pokédex (in Pokémon Pearl). Both were huge pains in the ass, but command some serious bragging rights. (Okay, only the first 50% of that statement is true.)

Before Pokémon Silver, I'd been playing  Morrowind. I honestly do prefer it over Oblivion for many reasons, though I wish the combat was as streamlined and fun as Oblivion's. Also, it would be nice to run faster than a man with two broken legs and one arm can crawl. After ascending nearly to the highest rank of the Mage's Guild, I grew somewhat bored of the game and stopped playing. Not strong enough to snag myself a wizard's staff, and not invested enough in the main storyline to do that.

I picked up two copies of Act of War: Direct Action from Big Lots. They were a dollar each, so I figured, "Why the hell not?" Then I was struck with the bright idea of doing a Lurid & Zain Play of the game, for which much video has been recorded and many photos taken. It'll be a big project, but I like how it's turning out so far. I need to work a little more diligently on it, though.

Finally, the most recent game I've purchased is Wing Commander: Privateer! Finally, after all these years I have a legitimate copy of the game. I purchased it on GOG.com, an amazing website for people who can't seem to shake the love of old games that only run in emulators. I've been playing it with my PS3's controller and having a good time. Not too sure how to get the story rolling, but I'm not terribly concerned about that.

Within the next few days I'm hoping to get some parallel parking practice in and take my driver's test. A bit nervous about that, but I guess I'll have to suck it up. Also hoping to work on the Kalarsys rulebook, but right now I'm not very inspired. Working in a group would help solve that, but we rarely get anything done that way. Maybe once I get 0.7.2 finished up I'll reorganize the chapters, bump the version number to 0.8.0 and consider publishing through Amazon.

On a more somber note, my girlfriend's pet hen was recently killed by a wild animal. That bird was a pet like any other, and it is a devastating loss. Though she was getting pretty old and was only likely to live another year or two, it's still sad to see something like this happen. She was a bird with a personality, and she'll be deeply missed.

Well, that was long and rambling. Future posts will likely be shorter. Or non-existent because I have a tendency to forget about blogs I have and leave them abandoned. Regardless, we'll see what happens. Cheers until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment